Hopi Ear Candling
What is Hopi Ear Candling?
Hopi Ear Candling is a mild and natural therapy. The Hopi Ear Candle is a hollow tube made of cotton flax and infused with medicinal herbs. A hopi candle is placed gently into the outer ear and the opposite end is lit. The burning of the candle creates a light sucking action - the vibration of air on the ear drum has a gently massaging effect.
The treatment is very pleasant and relaxing and helps balance pressure in the ears, forehead and sinuses. The healing properties of herbal extracts are calming and soothing on the ear. A facial and neck acu-pressure massage accompanies the treatment, further aiding sinus and lymphatic drainage.
Treatment takes 30 minutes.
What are the benefits?
- Removes excess ear wax.
- Headache / migraine relief.
- Can reduce ear noise.
- Reduce catarrh.
- Relieve sinusitis.
- Can help reduce stress and / or anxiety levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hopi Ear Candling suitable for me?
- Most people can benefit from a Hopi Ear Candle treatment, especially if you suffer from a lot of earwax or sinus problems. However, if you have inflammation of the ear, have an ear infection, a perforated eardrum or if you have grommets fitted, you cannot get this treatment. You will also need to say prior to treatment if you have had surgery on either of your ears or suffer from any allergies, as the candles may not be suitable for you.
Are there any side effects from Hopi Ear Candling?
- Some people do experience headaches or a light popping in the ears after treatment as your upper respiratory tract and sinuses rebalance, which is normal. After treatment, it's a good idea to wear a hat and scarf or something to cover the ears to protect you from the cold.
Does it hurt?
- No. It is a very relaxing experience. The sensations one can feel are warmth and relaxation.
To make a reservation you can click here to visit our Online Booking System.